Monday, January 9, 2012

The Best Office View in the World


Best Office in the World....









After weeks of grinding along in low gin clear water, a much needed rain came through......and continued raining for days on end.  With the clearing Sky's and cool evening temps many rivers finally started to pull into shape late last week.  Like so many anglers in the state, we have been watching hydro-graphs and weather reports all week in the anticipation that  conditions will be good enough to get back to work.  There are only so many days on the vise before I end up a little stir crazy and need to get back to the water.

We were fortunate to have fair conditions and even experienced some down right beautiful days.  It is in these moments that I realize just how beautiful and amazing the view is when you have a chance to get out on the water. 

We covered long drifts and have a few fish to the fly that were willing to play.....in the fast paced world of instant feedback and gratification.  I always try to take a moment to appreciate each fish we are fortunate enough to hook and play.  So much of the discussion centered around fishing anymore is about numbers...."we only hooked three today" or "we went 2 for 5" is all I seem to hear.  Don't get me wrong, I love catching fish, if it were purely about the casting or just the act of fishing I don't know if I would still be interested.  But I still appreciate each and every fish to the fly, to hand, or the boat. 

Fishing over the coming weeks will continue to improve, hopefully we will be lucky enough to have some consistent weather as well....we have some open days in the remaining weeks of January if you or anyone else you may know is interested chasing some steel head around.  

No comments:

Post a Comment